Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-A-Thon first 4 hours

Well, I did not get in as much reading as what I had hoped. Instead of reading at 8AM, I chatted with friends at the bagel shop.

I squeezed in 15 minutes of reading ad read the first chapter of Stormy Vows, a whole 10 pages. Then I had to go deliver the caramel apples and run errands for my furry cats (they have to eat too).

As soon as I arrived home, I whipped up some cookie dough and started to read some more of my first book. Since 10:15AM, I have managed to read another 81 pages in between cookie dough scoops and bake time.

Now, I have to pack up to go over to Borders Bookstore in Nashua. I'll be there in the cafe for a little while before the actual book event which starts at 2PM.

Wish me luck on finishing Stormy Vows before the signing. Next up is Tempest at Sea.

If you follow me or the other Read-A-Thon participants on twitter use the hash tag #readathon and give us a shout out of cheer.

14 comments:

Unknown October 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Hey you're getting in some reading, that's what counts! Have fun!

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Happy Read-a-Thon day! Sounds like you've had a busy morning already. Have fun today and enjoy the wonderful books (and cookies) you have lined up :)

Kailana October 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

lol That's why I don't read... I am too easily distracted. Enjoy your books!

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Happy reading!!

Louise October 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Hope all is going well now that we are into the 7th hour of the Read-a-Thon :) This is Louise cheering from Copenhagen, Denmark...

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you finish your book!

Somer October 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Woo hoo! You're doing great! Hope you're having fun so far! READ! READ! READ!

Maree October 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Have fun! :D

Louise October 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Its the 11th hour of the Read-a-Thon. How are you holding up? I'm cheering for you. You can do it!!!

BookObsessedGrl October 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

It makes me feel so much better to know that you too have life getting in the way with your reading progress. Are you going to be up all night with us? I had so hoped to get some @dkrobbins encouragement in the middle of the night...LOL!I hope you had a great event at the bookstore!!!

Adding link to my blog here because my WP blog is not speaking to Google/Blogger today of all days! http://bookobssessed.wordpress.com/

Vasilly October 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Happy reading!

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Happy Reading!

Dana October 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Enjoy whatever you are able to read!

Valerie October 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Enjoy reading, it's fun trying!

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com