Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Over

Ahh! The weekend is over. Did you get to enjoy some of the spring weather? Or did you stay indoors and write all weekend? HA!

Saturday I fought with my love scene off and on. Then the whole chapter ended up longer than anticipated. But, my editor will like that. And dad, minus the red marks, liked the chapter so that's cool.

I spent several hours Sunday doing outdoor clean up. I trimmed a bunch of stuff, moved leaves that I didn't get to in the fall, and saw tulips, pansies, and primrose all coming back up. Hoping for fruit on my trees this year.

After all that fresh air, I came inside and wrote. I actually managed to write about four pages in the next chapter and am hoping to get it finished today so I can take it and the love scene to critique tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ceri Hebert April 6, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Didn't get outside nearly enough this past weekend. It wasn't too horrible, but still just a bit chilly. Of course better than today. Everything should be green anyway!

I've been working on my "nookie" scene. I have a "Descriptive Term" list that helps me LOL. Hard to write it though, when I have so many people around.

Thanks for the website for my gardening questions. I appreciate it!

Denise April 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Ceri,

Your "nookie scene" message is so timely. I just posted my first message about writing a love scene. One of the topics I'll cover later will be the "descriptive terms."

Find a corner in the house and sit with your back to the wall that way no one can come up behind you or surprise you. :-)

I love that gardening site. I'm making my list of flowers I want to get and plant. The list is long!!

D

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com