Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You know it's a bad day when. . .

Yup, that post title says it all. You know it's going to be a bad day when you drop and break your laptop before 7 AM.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's what yours truly did this morning. And do you know what I did?

I cried like a baby. I have had this laptop for almost three years. It is my baby and my lifeline to writing. I carry it wherever I go and now it has died a tragic and heart wrenching death. I cannot believe after all this time that I made the mistake of setting it on a chair and it fell and crashed to a hard floor below causing instant and permanent death.

In honor of my little Sony Vaio's passing, I am wearing black. Please feel free to do the same. While you're at it, backup your PCs.

More later.

5 comments:

Ellen April 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your laptop's very untimely death---a truly awful way to start the day. And you are so right---back up that PC, truer words were never spoken!

But you know, they also say that when you have an incredibly crappy beginning to your day, it can only get better. Got my fingers crossed that yours will improve in leaps and bounds!

Judy April 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

I guess its perfect timing that I am giving you back your other laptop tonight then? ;)

Ceri Hebert April 15, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

You have my deepest sympathies! I couldn't stand not having my computer. I do have a laptop, but I don't use it as much anymore, but I used to all the time. It would be a horrible loss.

Hope your day improved!

Autumn Storm April 15, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

OUCH...girl I can feel your pain. Granddaughter broke the power cable on mine and we didn't know it happened until it went flat. It was Geek Squad to the rescue...they recovered my data and Best Buy hooked me up with a new computer.

Know all about those back ups...now I actually back up my back ups...Here's hoping your days ahead are looking up.

Denise April 18, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Thanks everyone for your sympathy. Luckily, I am a good and do keep everything backed up. Very sad to see my favorite computer go away.

I met a couple of other writers that evening and one of the guys even wore black in my computer's honor.

  © 2009 DENISE ROBBINS | Design and graphics by Will Design For Chocolate | Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com